Become a Volunteer!
The 1940 Air Terminal Museum needs your help!
Volunteers are the life blood of the museum, and ensure that the museum runs smoothly.
Check out our current projects.
- Greet Museum visitors
- Give a basic overview of the Museum's purpose, collection, and goals
- Conduct tours of the Museum's building and its collection of aviation artifacts and memorabilia
- When needed, collect admission fees, donations, and gift shop purchases
- Assist with special events
Gift Shop and Front Desk
- Collect admission fees, donations, and gift shop purchases
- When needed, greet Museum visitors and refer them to a docent
- When needed, give a basic overview of the Museum's purpose, collection, and goals
Curatorial / Collection Management
- Assist with the stablization, documentation, and preservation of museum artifacts and documents
- Assist with the development of new exhibits
Airplane work / hangar renovation
- Work to restore vintage airplanes
- Help to restore the historic hangar space used to house our airplanes and artifacts
If you are interested in volunteering with us, stop by and talk with us, call us at 713-454-1940, or contact us via email here.